Day 21 Continued…

Well, I didn’t get to all 4 drawers.  I had a feeling I “bit off more than I could chew” today.   Realization of this was when I dropped one of the small drawers (empty, thank goodness!) and it broke into 5 pieces.  What a MESS!  Bottom, sides, front, back.  UGH!!  After some trial and error, and then settling down and giving it some appropriate thought, I found some small nails in the garage, got out the Elmers all purpose glue, and went about rebuilding the drawer, one piece at a time, leaving them so the glue would dry and adhere before moving on to the next piece.  Whew!  I thought I was going to have to make a trip to Home Depot or Lowes in search of a replacement!

Here are the two cleansed drawers I finished today

DSCN3755

DSCN3754

I didn’t get any dividers for these drawers (yet), but I did paint the bottoms; and put the non-skid drawer liner stuff in them so at least everything will stay in one place when the drawers are opened/closed.

I also got rid of quite a bit of old stuff that I had in these drawers that I don’t use.  Some things were put into other drawers.  I found more kitchen knives (besides the pairing knives in the drawer above), I only kept 3 of them, and put them in the silverware drawer, nice a neat.  🙂

Tomorrow I plan to tackle one of the larger drawers with the last one is “scheduled” for cleansing on Wednesday.

Advertisements

Comments are closed.