Sooner or later, clutter invades nearly everyone’s life. Do you make excuses as you sink deeper and deeper into the chaos? Any of the following sound familiar?
I can’t get rid of that because….
- I might need it – someday
- There is an article I have to read in that
- It’ll be worth money – someday
- It will come back in style if I wait long enough
- It was a gift (my favorite excuse)…
- I paid good money for it
- As soon as I lose 20#s I’ll be able to wear it again
- It’s still perfectly good
- It doesn’t belong to me, it belongs to _______
- I inherited it
- It just needs to be fixed and it will be good as new
- They don’t make thinkgs like that anymore
- I’m saving it for ______(day/event/person??)
- It would cost a fortune to replace
- It brings back memories.
(Excerpt from “How to Conquer Clutter” by Stephanie Culp)
I am certain I have used each of these at least once, and possibly more.