Still holding on to all that clutter? Here are 7 warranties about all that stuff –
- Clutter is guaranteed to get ruined. Stack it, pack it, store it, and watch bugs and mice chew and do their duty on it.
- A cleaning warranty comes with clutter. Want to waste a lot of time cleaning all that clutter while everyone else is at the beach?
- Expensive real estate is a guaranteed requirement for clutter. Where do you put your clutter? How much did you pay for your home? Multiply the square footage of the space used to store the stuff by the cost of your home.
- Moving is guaranteed to be a financial and logistical pain in the behind. How much will it cost to move all those books you have been keeping since childhood? (and have yet to even read)
- A slow-down warranty accompanies all clutter. It cramps your style, gets in the way, and grinds productivity to a halt.
- Clutter guarantees loss. One can’t keep track of anything once clutter takes over. You will spend precious time searching through clutter for things you have misplaced in the clutter
- Your image is guaranteed to take a beating. Clutterbugs, messies, pack rats all look incompetent to the outside world.
(excerpt from “how to conquer clutter” by stephanie culp)
What are you going to do today to get a grip on the clutter in your (personal or business) life?
I will be continuing my de-cluttering of the dining room china cabinet this afternoon. Come back tonight for an update and before/after pictures.